Query by ♥~seasons~♥: How to get poofy curly hair truly straight ?
I have really curly and poofy blended race hair .. When I straighten it , it can be not flat . I suggest my curls go absent but it can be even now actually like puffy .. What can I do to get my hair like actually pin straight ? And I will not have income right now to purchase a chi or some genuinely pricey flat iron.
Solution by Peter parker
Include your own reply in the feedback!
That happens to me try using garnier fructis Sleek & shine Moroccan sleek oil right after you straighten it. Or you migh have to use a straightening gel type thing.
Pin straight, until your next shampoo? Heat & chemicals are hair’s worst enemies, specially poofy curly hair. Heat protectant doesn’t protect hair 100%. Like using sunscreen, you still get sunburned. Same with hair. The hair industry is a trillion dollar business and they also do not give money back guarantee for damaged hair or hair loss caused by those two.
The use of plastic curlers, tames the hair, making the hair silkier, softer, smoother, healthier, they’ve been around since the 40’s. Visit websites, whose hair show hairstyles of the 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, and you hardly see damaged hair but healthy hair, even if their hair was curly & poofy. I should know. My hair was permed since the 50’s, but it was the 80’s & 90’s, when POOFY CURLY HAIR was in style.
Hair-straightening products are allowed to contain small concentrations of formaldehyde (0.2 percent). But several hair-straightening solutions have been found to contain well above the allowable limit. For example, one popular hair-straightening product that advertised itself as “formaldehyde-free” actually contained 6.8 percent to 11.8 percent formaldehyde.
Another example: Fourteen women, including two from North Texas and one from Houston, are suing Unilever, the maker of a product they claim caused permanent damage to their hair.
“It transforms frizzy, unmanageable hair into hair that’s sleeker and easier to style,” said the commercial for the Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30-Day Smoothing Kit, which is no longer being sold.
When she began looking online for more information about the product, she said she found some people who said it worked, but more who said it damaged their hair.
She discovered a Facebook page devoted to angry consumers, and there are multiple postings on YouTube. I’ve been warning people about relaxers since 2009 and people are giving me thumbs down!
BTW: A variety of hair-straightening products used in professional salons can expose both hairdressers and their customers to formaldehyde. The results show that three professional hair-smoothing treatments labeled “formaldehyde free” can produce the cancer-causing chemical at concentrations above the occupational exposure limits set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. They tested four products: Coppola Keratin Complex Blonde Formula, Global Keratin Juvexin Optimized Functional Keratin, La Brasiliana Escluso Keratin Treatment with Collagen, and Brazilian Blowout Acai Professional Smoothing Solution. While ChemRisk tested four popular brands of hair straighteners, THERE ARE HUNDREDS on the market. Nov. 11-11
By contrast, beauty salon owners and stylists generally lack a scientific background and don’t have a keen awareness of the danger of working with products that contain formaldehyde, experts say.
Watch: Good Hair a documentary by Chris Rock 2009 on BET or HBO. According to Tyra Banks, 80% of the black population are part of the billion dollar hair industry. Clips on youtube videos, also.
Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.
Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.
Google: Hair Dye FAQ’s Are Hair Dyes Safe?
I have the same problem here’s what I do:
1.Take a shower before bed and put some sort of oil/ leave in conditioner in
2. Pull hair into really tight low ponytail
3. Use a little gel or hairspray to slick it back and slick back baby hairs
4. On ponytail, tie another elastic about half an inch from the elastic already in you hair
5. Repeat step 4 until your ponytail is covered in elastics
6. Sleep wig your hair like that
7. Take hair out and it should be flatter than normal
8. Section off first layer
9. Apply oil ( I use silk or Avons morrocan argon oil) and heat protectant
10. Straighten layer and repeat for the rest of your hair.
11. Spray hairspray over your hair and brush it out frequently while straightening
hope this helps
go to the salon.
Invest money in a good flat iron..Save up money or ask for it as a Christmas gift/Holiday gift!
I have thick, ethnic, mixed race hair and my natural hair is thick and poofy
Here’s what I do:
1. Wash it every other day
2. DON’T blow dry! Instead, let it dry naturally..Your hair will be smoother, shinier, and healthier!
3. Invest in a good flat iron spray..I use John Frieda’s heat protectant spray
3. Straighten it. RECOMMEND: A flat iron with a BIGGER plate..1 inch plates never did anything good for me..I now use a 1.2 inch plate..I have the SEDU flat iron
4. After straightening it, I use John Frieda hair serum: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=john+frieda+serum+flat+iron&um=1&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1089&bih=607&tbm=isch&tbnid=4j0AtnzjVafKzM:&imgrefurl=http://www.drugstore.com/john-frieda-frizz-ease-straight-fixation-smoothing-creme/qxp214164&docid=iCtjfLyLrq34cM&imgurl=http://pics2.ds-static.com/prodimg/214164/300.JPG&w=300&h=300&ei=d8rEUJDCOofg0gG3zIDwBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=749&vpy=173&dur=118&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=69&ty=108&sig=101161447778667387438&page=2&tbnh=143&tbnw=141&start=20&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:25,s:0,i:162
Seriously, so many people ask what I do and here’s what I do! People are always so amazed to find out what my natural hair looks like because after straightening it, my hair is thinner, shinier and silkier..Sedu is the best flat iron out there!